Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posted 08 February 2024
- Closing Date 29 February 2024
Company primary industryFacilities Services
Job functional areaOperations
To manage the Customs clearance process, handle the respective paperwork and co-ordinate between customers, suppliers, consignees, agents and authorities.
- Manage the shipment documentations for import, export and free zone transfers.
- To ensure the customs clearance process is carried out smoothly and in a timely manner. Perform related activities such as Processing of Bill of Entry from Dubai Customs and document attestation from Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Preparing and processing import and export documentation according to customs regulations, laws, or procedures.
- Calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid.
- Making payments and delivering documents as and when required.
- Maintaining knowledge of all relevant import and export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
- Corresponding with clients and customs officials, helping to resolve issues, and facilitating smooth transit of goods.
- Tracking the status of shipments and coordinating and managing the paperwork for the movement of goods.
- Monitoring changes in import or export laws or regulations by reading current literature, attending meetings or conferences, or conferring with colleagues.
- Obtaining, checking, or preparing documents to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, or compliance with overseas countries’ regulations and fiscal regimes. Install and configure software and hardware.
- Doing all the visits to the customs and Courier offices/locations
- Perform office clerical, IT and administrative tasks.
- Handling financials, P&L for EMEA region
- Issuing PO’s and GRN’s EMEA region
- Issuing Financial change orders/accruals for EMEA region
- Generating reports for the business
- Totally abide by all company policies, and local regulations and laws, wherever applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Accounting/Finance or related field
- Certified Customs Expert (Dubai Trade) is mandatory
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of customs procedures and the regulatory environment in the UAE.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel
- Preferably with UAE Driver’s License Experience
- Online Customs Documentation / Clearances through E-MIRSAL and Dubai Trade Portal
Due to large volumes of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.