New Vacancy – Kiddies Activities Co-Ordinator
Luxury Lodge – Mpumalanga
Preferably have a teaching qualification and experience
Have experience caring for and entertaining children
Have a high level of creativity
Have strong linguistic and inter-personal skills
Be 5-star service orientated
Have organisation and coordination skills
Be well presented and agile
Be PC literate – Microsoft Word and Excel
Hospitality experience would be an advantage.
· Provide an exciting, educational and entertaining daily programme for children, taking into account the number of children expected and their different age groups.
· Develop programmes and continually research for new activities to update.
· Liaise with Reception and study forward planners to prepare for children in advance.
· Ensure Reception has sufficient info sheets to hand to arriving children and update seasonally with time changes.
· Meet new children and be enthusiastic about the centre and what it offers to encourage interest.
· Liaise with the chef with regards to children’s meals or particular dietary requirements.
· Liaise with Safari GM / Head Ranger / Assistant Head Ranger in terms of available rangers to assist with talks on interesting facts and short walks around the lodge and when extra assistance is needed during busy periods.
· Discuss the programme with parents and children and any special needs for the children.
· Host activities in the evenings when there are 5 children or more. Offer games, board games, etc – the more interactive the better. DVDs should be reserved for quiet time or if the parents request it.
· Keep a monthly record of children that have attended the centre – their names, ages and nationality.
The Lodge accommodates children of all ages and has a kid’s club centre, offering “edutainment” in the form of fun indoor and outdoor activities to guest children. This facility is unique in the lodge industry.
Management children are home schooled at our school room by the resident Teacher and the Centre Coordinator. There are currently 3 children attending and we use the Impaq online programme curriculum:
Grade 4 – 9 yr old boy
Grade 5 – 11 yr old boy
Grade 9 – 15 yr old girl
Evening work is also required hosting in the lodge.
Package on Offer:
R8,000 gross per month (negotiable depending on qualification)
Accommodation, food, uniform
Discovery Health Medical aid (50% of monthly contribution)
Provident Fund (company matches your contribution monthly)
42 day working cycle followed by
14 days off (at company’s discretion according to staffing requirements)
Closing Date: October/November 2022
To Apply: Leonie@hospitalityandoutdoor.co.za