Internship Opportunity – Digital Ambassadors: × 15 Yarona Digital Programme (Six months contract
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To attend training on the identified basic digital literacy modules as requested. To provide training to community members on basic digital literacy skills modules as guided.
• Learn basic digital literacy skills on the modules provided.
• Participate during training sessions to ensure adequate knowledge is gained.
• Be able to conduct training to community members.
• Liaise with the municipality on the venues for community training.
• Ensure attendance registers are captured completely and correctly, relevant training is conducted and meets prescribed training requirements.
• Ensure allocated weekly targets are reached.
• Report on a weekly basis to Nemisa on the trained citizens per area against weekly targets.
Education: Formal Qualifications
Education involves the acquisition of knowledge and skills through learning where subject matter is imparted systematically. Formal qualifications are obtained by studying at formal institutions e.g. universities, Technikons, colleges, etc.
Level of Education:
• Matric/Grade 12 or equivalent
• Computer literate
• Post matric qualification
• Computer certificate
Job related Work Experience
Experience is obtained through opportunities for exposure and practice at work. It includes all working experience that has some bearing on the job and is not restricted to the current organisation. Supervised on-the-job training, internships and learnerships are incorporated within this category.
• At least 1-2 years of working experience
• Must be bilingual (English, Venda, Sepedi)
Job-related knowledge is typically gained through formal or informal training programs (these exclude programs through which Formal Qualifications are attained). It includes knowledge of facts, data and information and understanding the rationale behind models, theories and principles.
• Basic knowledge of computer packages
• Analytical skills
• Good Communication skills (written and verbal)
• Report writing skills
• Computer literate
• Impact and influence
• Critical judgement
• Information gathering
• Emotional maturity
• Commercial Acumen
• Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Results and quality focused
• Detail focused
Please email through comprehensive CV and certified copies of ID and Qualifications as well as a letter from Ward councillor and other supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of closing, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to historically disadvantaged applicants.
Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements should apply. Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates.
NEMISA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Closing Date: 30 October 2022 (16:30pm).